Does your work stimulate you?
Are you expressing your unique worth in the world?
The first tip I have for you is to encourage you to sign up to my blog where I write about practical, innovative and Australian specific career and job application advice.
Then try some of the following:
- Find out what your strengths are by doing the VIA Signature Strengths Survey and find a way to use your top strengths more.
- Cheer up the environment you are working in. Bring in flowers, photos of family and friends, put on music, burn a candle, have a bowl of healthy treats.
- Give yourself a new challenge (it doesn’t have to be big) to achieve every day.
- Do a career plan for the next 3 years. Identify on this plan new learning you will need to have and how you can get that learning.
- Dedicate 15 minutes every week, at a regular time, to think about how you can be innovative in your work.
- Develop strong friendships in the workplace.
- Set goals that you want to achieve in your work in the next 3 months, next 6 months and next 12 months.
- Focus on your strengths and the strengths of your colleagues. In fact, acknowledge one of them every day for something you appreciate or admire about them.
- Create a system at work where you celebrate every time you achieve something or get a good outcome.
- Identify how the work you do has meaning and adds value to things you find important. You may have to dig a little, but there will be meaning connected to your role, and the more you search for it the more you will find it.
And if you are ready to step it up to the next level have a look at the Career Matters programs we run.