Does your work stimulate you?
Are you expressing your unique worth in the world?
The first tip I have for you is to encourage you to sign up to my blog where I write about practical, innovative and Australian specific career and job application advice.
Then try some of the following:
- Find out what your strengths are by doing the VIA Signature Strengths Survey and find a way to use your top strengths more.
- Cheer up the environment you are working in. Bring in flowers, photos of family and friends, put on music, burn a candle, have a bowl of healthy treats.
- Give yourself a new challenge (it doesn’t have to be big) to achieve every day.
- Do a career plan for the next 3 years. Identify on this plan new learning you will need to have and how you can get that learning.
- Dedicate 15 minutes every week, at a regular time, to think about how you can be innovative in your work.
- Develop strong friendships at your work.
- Set goals that you want to achieve in your work in the next 3 months, next 6 months and next 12 months.
- Focus on your strengths and the strengths of your colleagues and acknowledge one of them every day for something you appreciate or admire about them.
- Create a system at work where you celebrate every time you achieve something or get a good outcome.
- Identify how the work you do has meaning and adds value to things you find important. You may have to dig a little, but there will be meaning connected to your role, and the more you search for it the more you will find it.